Saddleback Repeater Association, 394 Meaderboro Rd, Farmington, NH 03835

Fo W1SRA / 147.000Mhz  / Negative Offset / 100.0 PL Tone
Welcome to the Sunday Night Net each Sunday evening at 7:30 PM.


About us
News & Events

 

 
3 March 2016 Meeting Meeting Minutes

Saddleback Repeater Association Meeting

March 3, 2017

 

Minutes

 

 

Present:  Paul (K1WO), Janis (KA1YZK), Dan (N1QLP), Bob (KB1BN)

 

Paul called the meeting to order at 7:08 p.m.

 

Minutes

 

Dan moved to adopt the minutes of the December 2, 2016 meeting as written.  There were no objections

 

Treasurer's report:

 

Bob reported a total account balance of $1,729.83.  Dan moved to adopt the report as presented.  Everyone was in agreement.      

 

Repeater status report:

 

There was some interference on the repeater during the week of February 6.  It was reported that Jeff (N1XUQ) shut it off overnight, and it was fine the next morning.  It continues to function without a problem. 

 

Sunday night net report:

 

It was commented that participation has "picked up."  It hasn't been on for a couple of weeks though. 

 

SRA website report:

 

Paul will contact Fred (K1ACL) to find out what is going on with the website. 

 

Old business:

 

Bob stated that SRA 2017-18 membership dues are due on April 1, 2017.  Janis will send a notice to all current and past members to remind them. 

 

The antenna repair was brought up.  Volunteers who are able to do the work and make a firm commitment to a day and time to meet and carry out the repair(s) are necessary. 

 

Dan suggested that perhaps having donuts at the meetings might bring in a larger attendance!  Everyone present agreed that it would be a good idea to try so the club will pay for donuts at the June 2017 meeting!

 

Election of Officers for 2017-18:

 

Dan made a motion that as a contingency the current officers continue until it is expedient to elect new ones.  Bob seconded the motion, and Paul approved. 

 

New business:

 

The September 2017 meeting has been rescheduled to September 8, 2017, because of conflicts with several members' end of summer schedules.

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:18 p.m.

.


 
2 December 2016 Meeting Meeting Minutes

Saddleback Repeater Association Meeting

December 2, 2016

 

Minutes

 

 

Present:  Shawn (N1JEH), Paul (K1WO), Ann-Marie (KB1WER), Michael (N1AMD), George (W1BOF), Janis (KA1YZK), Bill (K1BD), Shirley (W1ALO), Fred (K1ACL), Dan (N1QLP), Bob (KB1BN),

 

Shawn called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.

 

Minutes

 

Minutes of September 2, 2016 meeting were accepted by all present.

 

Treasurer's report:

 

Bob reported a total account balance of $1,733.85.  Two checks for membership were received at the meeting.  The club is being charged $2.00 per month for receiving paper statements from the bank.  Bob will talk to the bank about receiving them "for free" (electronic statements).  The insurance bill has been paid.   

 

We now have 17 members who are currently up-to-date with their dues payment. 

 

Bob needs the SRA federal tax number for filing the 501(c)(3) application.  Janis will try to locate it for him. 

 

Old business:

 

Antenna project:  Paul said that the end of April or early May will be the best time for the next attempt at repairing the Saddleback antenna.  He said that bad weather hindered the last attempt at repairing the antenna, and that there is a twisted bracket.  The ropes and pulleys are in the radio room at Saddleback.

Bob questioned if the cable that he received from Mike for the new repeater is the right one.  Paul reassured him that it is.  He asked Bob to bring the manual for the new Yaesu DR1X along with the cable to town on Tuesday. 

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m


 
2 September 2016 Business Meeting Minutes

.Saddleback Repeater Association Meeting

September 2, 2016

 

Minutes

 

 

Present:  Shawn (N1JEH), Paul (K1WO), Ann-Marie (KB1WER), Michael (N1AMD), George (W1BOF), Deirdre (AB1ST)

 

Shawn called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.

 

Minutes

 

Minutes of June 2016 meeting were accepted by all present.

 

Treasurer's report:

 

Bob was not present but had reported that he had had a couple of deposits and that the insurance was due to be paid.

 

Old business:

 

Member recruitment:  We are actively seeking new members and asking former members to rejoin the SRA!  Shawn and Bob said they would take care of this by e-mailing all past members asking them to consider renewing their SRA membership  As of this date, no request has been sent. 

 

Antenna project:  Paul will check with Channel 11.  Two more ground crew members are needed.  Paul will check with John Rodenhuis KB1KKL, David Allen KB1NZG and Paul Michael KB1MIP and ask if they can assist for a few hours.  The work will be done on Saturday, September 10; time to be announced.  The 24th of September is the rain date for the work.

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:38 p.m

 

 

 

 


 
 

17 June 2016 Business Meeting Minutes

Saddleback Repeater Association Meeting

June 17, 2016

 

Minutes

 

Present:  Janis (KA1YZK), Fred (K1ACL), Bob (KB1BN), Shawn (N1JEH), Larry (K1SRJ) and Marge (guest)

 

Shawn called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and asked for self-introduction of members present.

 

Minutes

 

Larry made a motion to accept the minutes of the April 1, 2016 meeting as presented.  All were in favor.

 

Treasurer's report:

 

Bob presented his report.  He said that he has not had time to get to the bank to request electronic statements. Hence, our account is still being charged for paper statements mailed to him.  He had a deposit of $300.00 (dues received) recently, and the current balance is $1,874.83. 

 

He wanted to remind members of the SRA fiscal year (i.e. April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017) and per the SRA constitution (Article VII) April 1 is the date upon which dues should be paid.

 

The Treasurer's report was accepted as presented.   

 

Repeater:

 

Bob reported that the SRA repeater doesn't seem to be getting much use. 

 

Sunday night net:

 

Shawn says it is "going."  There is not a strong participation. 

 

Club Website:

 

Fred says it is ok.  He can get into the site now that the problem with the password has been resolved.  Jeff has offered to help him but has not been able to as yet.

 

ARES:

 

Jason has retired from the duties, but still takes of it!

Old business:

 

New repeater is currently housed at Bob's.  The connecting wiring was Paul's responsibility to prepare, but no one knows if he has done so.  Larry offered to make it if Paul hasn't.  Janis said she would check with Paul to find out if he did it, or if he has the materials which she will get to Larry. 

 

New business:

 

We are actively seeking new members for our group!  It was decided to send an e-mail to all past SRA members asking them to reconsider their membership.  Either Shawn or Bob will take care of this item!  We thank the currently paid up members for their support!

 

Larry made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:21p.m.  Janis seconded the motion, and all were in favor.